That might sound strange as there is almost no difference in the garage doors that have been installed in homes all over North America for the last 40 yrs.
Sure there has been some dressing up of the garage door;
- They placed a row of windows 2/3's of the way up the door, sometimes they are fake and other times they allow just enough light in the garage so that it isn't totally dark inside.
- The colours of the doors have changed over the years depending on the trends.
- The panels that have been installed have changed somewhat in shape and size as the trends have changed.
- They place fake hinges and handles on the doors to make them look like old carriage doors from a bygone day where garages only held buggies.
- They stopped installing steel doors and started adding insulation to them for strength, noise resistance and R value.
But the overall look and feel of a garage door really hasn't changed that much overall. Well that has all changed now that people are installing plexi-glass panels in their garage doors.
Instead of wood or metal panels the panels are made out of plexi-glass and are completely see through depending on how much obscurity you want in the glass.
This garage door has brushed aluminum for the grids that give the door strength and hold the plexi-glass panels in place.
You can also install lighting behind the doors, this will make the door glow at night, this is a really cool effect.
Another great thing about these doors is that during the day when you walk in the garage you never have to turn on any lights as the door allows the maximum about of natural light into the space.
Try something different, "pimp your garage door".
Village Builders Inc.