Custom homes change as much as trends in fashion, some trends stick around and some come and go. When designing and building a custom home you have to understand what is the current trend and what is coming, this will help maximize the value of the custom home that is being built. In the Master Ensuite trends have become an important part of designing them as they are not only the owners personal bathroom they are becoming the owners personal retreat from the rest of the family.
Ensuite Master Bathrooms
Here is a list of the trends that have stayed the same over the last several years;
• The ensuite master bathroom continues to get larger in square footage every year.
• Large seamless glass shower enclosures with large doors making the bathroom look larger than it actually is.
• The amount of ensuite bathrooms in a home has grown, they are not just for the master bedroom anymore.
• Benches in showers are common now, almost all showers have them to allow women to shave their legs and to help people as they get older still have showers without assistance.
• Large rain head fixtures mounted directly over head.
• Electric heated floors are still the most popular option to help make the rooms feel more comfortable so tile and natural stone are kept warm, thus eliminating the need for bath mats to keep your feet warm even when the heating system for home is turned off.
• Large soaker tubs beside a large glass walk in shower are still the trend.
• Slow close toilet lids are still the most popular option, allowing men to never worry about slamming the lid and waking their partner up.
• A designated space for women to keep their makeup and apply it as well in the custom cabinetry.
• Marble tops are almost a must now for bathroom counter tops.
• Marble or slate natural stone floors are common with the feel of a luxury spa.
• Multiple body sprays are the hottest trend, these body sprays come out of the wall, combined with rain heads they give you that total wash feeling.
• Slide bars in showers are almost standard in every custom shower.
• Wall sconce’s over the vanity instead of relying on over head lights or one large fixed light over the mirror are used to help give women the maximum amount of light when applying their make-up.
• Larger and taller toilets are standard now with an aging population looking for more comfort and ease of use to get on and off.
• Multiple mirrors are the trend, instead of the one large mirror, each sink gets its own mirror, or a mirror where the sink is and another mirror for were you apply your makeup.
• White is the most popular colour for bathrooms.
Here a list of the new trends happening in master bedrooms ensuites;
• The multi-ported rain head that requires a larger waterline to feed it.
• Heated electric towel racks have come back into popularity with people looking for more
• Free standing tubs that sit under a window or in the middle of the room are popular especially with the ensuite still growing.
• After a short trend of counters with one large sink the two separate sinks have come back in trend giving each person their own space.
• More and more light fixtures are being added to ensuite, all of them on individual switches allowing people the option to have as much light as they need for applying makeup or as little for a more relaxed romantic mood setting.
• Porcelain tile that is made to look like natural stone are trending up as people look for a way to save a little bit of money on finishes.
• Large deep soaker tubs are becoming more popular then tubs with bubblers and jets.
• Large free standing taps that are anchored into the floor are becoming a most with the increase in people installing free standing tubs.
• Large glass showers without doors are becoming more popular as people are looking for something different than the typical glass shower, it also saves you money with not having to pay for the expensive door.
These are just some the new trends in master ensuite in today’s new custom homes.
Village Builders Inc.