The importance of hiring a professional painter.
In every commercial that you see for a big box store people are happily painting their own homes, everything looks perfect; the people look satisfied and relaxed. They are looking at the camera with that knowing look that it was just so easy. Well sorry to burst your perfect little commercial world bubble but painting your own home can be a stressful, tiring and frustrating time.
Here are a few reasons why you should think about hiring a professional painter to paint your home instead of trying to do it on your own;
• If you live in a higher end home, a poor painting job will really standout and will affect your property value.
• Areas such as stairwells, great rooms or balconies can be dangerous to work around if you are not used to being on ladders or being off the ground. Many a homeowner has been injured or worse from falling off ladders at any height above four feet. A fall from the top of a stairwell can be up to 12 feet in the air and could result in a major life changing injury.
• If you do not have a lot of experience painting, the trial and error of figuring out the proper way to do it can be time consuming and expensive.
• The cost of a professional painter is somewhat offset by the fact that they get all their paint and painting supplies at a discount. Most painting contractors pass that savings on to the client because they make more of their profit on their labour.
• Painters come with all the equipment that they require to do your job. If you did the painting you would not just need all the painting supplies but you would also need drop sheets, ladders and caulking guns.
• There are certain things when painting a house that should be done that takes a professional touch or they will look awful. A couple of these are things such as caulking baseboard and trim, painting the line between two different colours, painting the line between the wall and the ceiling and staining any kind of wood.
• A professional will understand the difference between the many brands of paint and the different kinds of paint that are needed for different rooms, such as anti-mold paint for the bathroom and the reason that you should use LoVo paint.
• Timing. It takes a lot longer to paint a house properly then most people think. If you are going to paint the house yourself and you have a full time job then you will be doing it basically on the weekend. Painting in this manner can take months to finish and become a real headache for everyone living in the home.
So the next time you are looking around your home and are thinking that it needs some sprucing up, call a professional painting contractor for a quote before you think about picking up a brush yourself.
Village Builders Inc.