Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Welcome to my blog

Welcome to Rob's Blog.

My vision for this format is to be able to answer questions, state opinions, give advice and dispel any misconceptions of the construction industry.
I will attempt to give information and opinion that will be as accurate as I can possibly make it.
My background comes from being in the construction industry literally most of my life.
When I was 5 years old my Father would bring me on his construction sites and give me a child's size hammer. He would then give me a block of wood with a bunch of nails already started. I would sit there all day tapping nails into that block of wood while my father pounded real nails in the next room.
Every summer of my child hood was spent whole or in part on construction sites. At 12 years old I was cleaning up construction sites all summer and by 14 I was working on them. I was helping frame houses by 16 and at the age of 17 I was hiring my friends to work with me on a roofing crew, that re-shingled houses for the summer. At 18 and 19 I renovated houses, built decks, framed houses and basically did all matter of construction duties.
In my early twenties I was given a new challenge when I hung up my tool belt and moved into management. For the past 10 years I have been managing men, material, sites and sub-contractors. I've had to enforce safety and set quality standards. The biggest part of the job comes when dealing with clients (the good and the bad).
So you can look forward to me writing stories, commenting and answering your questions.


Sincerely

Rob Abbott
Operations Management
Village Builders Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment