10 Tips to give your home a fresh look this spring.
Take a look around your house, pick a room that hasn’t been touched in a while and give it a painting face lift. It isn’t a hard thing to do. But if you are having a difficult time deciding what to do about the paint or after you’ve painted, then you should think about hiring an interior designer. They are not that expensive and they will work on an hourly rate. This will allow you to redesign one room or the whole house if you so choose.
If you are going to re-design a room start by picking a theme for the room. You can do a lot by doing some of these simple things;
1. Paint. You can make a room look completely different just by adding a coat of paint. Change the colour of the walls and if your feeling daring change the colour of the baseboards and trim around the windows and the doors.
2. Change the floor coverings. If you have older carpets you can have new carpet installed or have them removed and have hardwood flooring installed. If you already have hardwood floors you can have the floors refinished, this will help give the space a completely different look.
3. Change the furniture. This doesn’t mean that you have to go out and buy all new furniture, moving furniture from one room in a new one can give a room and the furniture a new look. Adding a new coffee table can help draw the eye to the middle of the room away from older furniture.
4. Try an area rug or change the existing one that you have. This will give the room a different feel.
5. Add moulding’s to the ceiling. Crown moulding can add a lot of character to a room and can be done relatively quickly.
6. Change your pictures. You probably have pictures in rooms that you do not view frequently; if they are moved out into a different room they might become more appreciated.
7. Buy new throw pillows and throw blankets to help freshen the room up and to make older furniture look more appealing.
8. Change the lighting. This can be as simple as changing the light fixture in the ceiling or more complicated like installing pot lights to add more light to the room. Even changing light bulbs from halogen to LED will change the feel of the room because different light bulbs give off different light.
9. Change the window treatments. The tired old blinds and curtains on the windows are easy enough to change and will not cost you a fortune.
10. If you want to “green” the room up for spring then try adding plants to the room or changing plants from one room to another.
Try these 10 tips and I’m sure that you will be able to get a lot of use out of your new space without spending a lot of money. Remember it always helps to hire a professional like an interior designer.
Village Builders Inc.