Tuesday, May 14, 2013

We have a large empty wall, we feel overwhelmed by the size and don’t know where to start?


Q:

We have a large empty wall, we feel overwhelmed by the size and don’t know where to start?

A:

One of the best things you can do with a large empty wall is to turn it into a photo wall!

Start by picking frames. Frames can be different materials, colours, shapes or sizes but there should be a constant within them, like using the same colour and size matting. I do like to work with uneven numbers, it’s easier for the eye to take in.

Your next step will be to chose the picture you want to place in the centre of your photo wall. Then you can work your way out.  This  also allows you to build you wall, as your family and experiences grow.

I typically adhere painters tape on the floor in the size of my wall, and place the pictures within that space.

This allows me to move around the pictures and manipulate the dead space between them, without unnecessary holes or paint chips on my walls. Then I take a picture of that layout , so I can get a different perspective.

I typically leave 2" between pictures.

Good luck with your photo wall project and have fun!


This is an excerpt from a newsletter that is distributed to all former, current and future clients of Village Builders Inc.  If you would like to receive this newsletter feel free to email me at www.robabbott@villagebuilders.ca

Rob Abbott
Operations Manager
Village Builders Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment